Thursday, September 30, 2010

In the zone

Met my Mom at Ikea this morning to buy some new countertops for one of our rentals. Packed two slim-fast shakes to take, and guzzled a lot of water before I left. I had one shake while she and Jack had breakfast, and never drank the second at all! Even while they ate mac & cheese for lunch! (I did have one small bite of the mac & cheese as I was putting it in the trash since I knew I wouldn't be able to go back for a second, third, and fourth bite.)

When I got home from Ikea I had my traditional can of soup (220), hummus (70), sugar snap peas (30) and cucumber slices (30). Totally satisfied. I'm planning a bag of popcorn around 4, a slim-fast shake around 5, and then my lean cuisine/hummus/carrots for dinner after the kids go to bed.

I've peed 5 times already today and have to go again. I feel great.

2 comments:

  1. So, even though you have had trouble with the one-bite thing in the past, it seems like you're doing well with that. You only took three bites of hot dog, then only one bite of macaroni. So, you don't need to deprive yourself - just make sure you don't overdo it. I know that's the hardest part for all of us, of course!

    Good work today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of how well you've done this week, Leah! You are right - this is something that you can choose to control, and so far you're doing great at it, even when being thrown curve balls.

    ReplyDelete