Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I think I found my mantra

I've been having a huge life crisis the past year or so, full of panic attacks about growing older and the things that have passed me by. I've been incredibly blessed, but I feel like so much of my life has just HAPPENED to me, instead of me charting a course and going for my goals.

So I was hungry tonight and about to get up and say "fuck it" and I realized: this is something I can take control over. This is a course I can chart for myself. I can do this.

And I found my "before" picture (watching a friend's baby the other day):

IMG_0095.jpg

OMG. I'm not trying to beat up on myself, but OMG. Fucking ridiculous.

2 comments:

  1. You're so right Leah. We have the CHOICE to make changes and I'm doing it! And you are too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl you need to put that before picture up in places you can pull it out when you get the "fuck it" urge. I hate looking at pics of myself or worse seeing my relfection in a window. But not seeing myself that way also enables me to make ZERO change because it reinforces my denial that I'm a fatass.

    Miche

    I really fucked up yesterday after a really bad morning i succombed to the tempation of chocolate covered donuts and cappuchino. then the fuck it attitude continued the rest of the day because I believed that I needed my "comfort food". Trying to get back in the saddle today as I'm stuck at home in this fucking rain and wind disaster that is hitting the coast.

    ReplyDelete